Our NeighborWoods initiative empowers and supports a neighborhood’s collective desire to improve their community by planting and caring for trees. We appreciate that not everyone in a particular neighborhood speaks the same language though. We need your help bringing neighborhoods together in our community. It literally takes a village to plant, maintain, and protect our incredible urban forest!
You can either (A) translate documents from home electronically or (B) interpret for community members at our events or BOTH!
Preferred languages: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Russian, Thai, Tagalog, Laotian, Hmong, and American Sign Language (ASL).PRIMARY DUTIES
- Translate flyers, mailers, newsletters, and other important materials
- Work with the foundation’s staff to ensure appropriate wording
- Thoroughly review translations to ensure their accuracy
- Occasionally interpret at Foundation events for 2-3 hours
- Commit to volunteering at least 2-3 hours per month for at least 4 months
- Ability to work with a diverse group of community and staff members
- Ability to read, write, and speak a language other than English fluently
- Passion for increasing civic engagement in our community
- Interest in growing and protecting our urban forest
- Love of the great outdoors and natural places
- Orientation to the Sacramento Tree Foundation
- A Sacramento Tree Foundation window cling and a Certificate of Recognition
- Satisfaction in bringing communities together to plant more trees!
Interested in this volunteer opportunity? Please call or email our Volunteer Specialist at 916-974-4310 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 hours per month