Are you looking for a fun way to spend your afternoons? Do you love working with elementary school and jr. high school kids? Are you attending a nearby college and want to gain experience volunteering with a non-profit?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you should apply to volunteer with the Boys & Girls Clubs of South Puget Sound!!! Share your time with the youth in your community and help them reach their full potential!
Power Hour Tutors: Assist staff during Power Hour (homework help) with a designated age group. Answer questions and give students guidance on their daily worksheets and projects. Play educational games with Club members. Help facilitate small group reading circles.
Days & Times: Monday through Thursday from 4:30pm to 5:30pm (Come once per week or all four days! It is up to you.)
Location: D.A. Gonyea Branch (5136 N 26th St, Tacoma 98407)
Come and Make a difference!!!
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr (or more) per week for a minimum of 8 weeks
- A passion for working with kids!
- Have a BLAST Coaching Soccer for...
- Wanted: Photography enthusiast...
- Teach kids to play chess at the...
- Homework Help for the Fall!
- Teach claymation technology to...
- Dining with the Stars Gala!!!
- Help Tutor Kids at the Boys &...
- Kitchen Support Volunteer Needed!!
- Call for Action: Boys & Girls...
- Share your computer knowledge...
- Girl Scout Troop Leader at Boys...