During National Mentoring Month, SK Cares Mentor Program is recruiting new mentors to support students in its South Kingstown Schools. They train volunteers to work in classrooms or to become Mentors. Mentors are friends and role models to students in kindergarten - high school. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
The requirements are two training sessions, one general and one mentor-specific, a current BCI, and one hour per week to meet with a student on school grounds. The role of a mentor is not academic nor advisory. It is to be friend who is open-minded, shares interests, and can listen/talk to young people. It is a very rewarding experience!
SK CARES notes - We need Mentors who can give students confidence to achieve great things. To be great, you must surround yourself with great people.
- Child Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Board of Directors Members...
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program...
- Disaster Preparedness Youth Group
- RI Welcome Center
- SK CARES Mentor
- Musical Instrument Instructor
- Jonnycake of Peace Dale Friday...
- Rhode Island Veterans' Cemetery...
- Tax Preparer
- Medical Transportation Drivers
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...