During National Mentoring Month, SK Cares Mentor Program is recruiting new mentors to support students in its South Kingstown Schools. They train volunteers to work in classrooms or to become Mentors. Mentors are friends and role models to students in kindergarten - high school. Please email email@example.com if you are interested.
The requirements are two training sessions, one general and one mentor-specific, a current BCI, and one hour per week to meet with a student on school grounds. The role of a mentor is not academic nor advisory. It is to be friend who is open-minded, shares interests, and can listen/talk to young people. It is a very rewarding experience!
SK CARES notes - We need Mentors who can give students confidence to achieve great things. To be great, you must surround yourself with great people.
- Child Development
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program...
- RI Welcome Center
- Musical Instrument Instructor
- Tax Preparer
- Medical Transportation Drivers
- Thrift Shop Assistants
- Board of Directors Members...
- Disaster Preparedness Youth Group
- SK CARES Mentor
- Rhode Island Veterans' Cemetery...
- Drivers for the Charlestown Area
- Horse Therapy Volunteer
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...
- Docent's needed