Be the catalyst needed for nonprofits to more effectively recruit, engage and retain quality volunteers. United Way’s Volunteer Manager Corps (VMC) program, developed in partnership with 501 Commons, is recruiting for volunteers and interns to work 10 hours/ week from February through May. The volunteers help the selected nonprofit agencies develop more effective volunteer management systems, to leverage their volunteer’s time more powerfully.
Agencies currently being considered include Dawn Rising, which helps women and children faced with domestic violence.
VMC members receive:
- training and support
- experience working in the management of a nonprofit organization
- recognition for helping to increase an organization’s capacity to deliver services
- internship credit if arranged by the VMC member
- a $400 United Way of King County service award, depending on hours completed.
- People Skills
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/week for 15 weeks