Lighthouse for the Blind Foundation
Board of Directors
Directorship Opportunity (Volunteer)
Foundation Board Member Description
In the United States today, 70% of individuals who are blind are unemployed and one third live in poverty.
The Lighthouse stands as one of Seattle’s oldest social enterprises and is changing the landscape of employment among the blind and DeafBlind communities. The Lighthouse is a frontrunner in breaking down barriers to employment by utilizing assistive and adaptive technologies and providing comprehensive supportive services to all employees.
The Foundation Board exists to serve the Lighthouse by supporting its fundraising activities and strategies, networking in the community, winning new relationships with individuals and businesses, and serving the mission of the Lighthouse which is to create and enhance opportunities for independence and self-sufficiency of people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities.
- Positivity and passion for the mission of the Lighthouse
- Strong connections in the professional world and willingness to make introductions to the Lighthouse
- Ability and willingness to network with high-net worth individuals and philanthropists with the goal of winning new relationships and acquiring funding
- Initiative and motivation to tap into new funding sources and work with development staff to implement appropriate funding strategies
- Commitment and eagerness to attend and participate in meetings
- Desire to build relationships with and steward existing donors
- Make individual contributions to the organization at a meaningful level
- Participate in all six board meetings per year (every other month)
- Complete board commitment at the beginning of each fiscal year which includes outlining involvement in events, donor stewardship, donor cultivation, marketing and public relations
- Participate in Lighthouse activities outside of meetings that demonstrate a commitment to the Lighthouse and a willingness to build relationships with those that the Lighthouse exists to serve
Questions: Please contact Josiah Crum, Major Gifts Officer, at 206-436-2224 or email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment