Safe Place for Pets supports terminally ill pet owners in El Paso and Teller counties in Colorado by rehoming their beloved pets. We are in urgent need of a Development Chairperson to assist with event planning, fundraising and other activities that promote our organization throughout the community.
Location: Must live in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Duties for Chairperson:
- Directs and implements Safe Place for Pets’ development strategy, with the assistance of numerous other volunteers who have a variety of relevant skill sets.
- Researches grants and oversees grant-writing process with the Grant Writer. Grant-writing experience is a plus.
- Leads planning of our major annual fundraising event and the Annual Campaign.
- Leverages networking opportunities to develop resources & relationships for the organization, including in-kind resources.
- Leads merchandising campaign, working with Marketing, to maximize fundraising from merchandising/storefront.
- This is a Safe Place Board of Directors position.
If interetsted in learning more, please visit our website, www.safeplacepets.org or email to discuss at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer Application is available on our website.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per month
- Email for more info!