Do you have a passion for animal welfare? Are you seeking to make a difference by contributing your professional skills and knowledge to an organization that saves the lives of the helpless?
Since its inception in October 2003, Small Angels Rescue, Inc. has saved over 4,000 guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, mice, and gerbils from euthanasia, abuse, and abandonment. We are a young, growing organization that serves an area of desperate need in the community.
We are an all-volunteer, registered 501(c)3 nonprofit. To help us in our mission, we are seeking an Animal Coordinator to handle the team that is responsible for rescuing and re-homing pet mice.
The Animal Coordinator will oversee all activities related to the species under their care, managing the Team Leaders (if applicable) and/or foster homes while adhering to the policies and procedures contained within the Operations Manual and ensuring all members of the team do likewise.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Review foster care applications, make home visits and arrange set up if approved.
- Make intake decisions and take action as necessary. (Intakes greater than 10 animals require pre-approval by Board)
- Refer public requests for giving up animals to Surrender Liaison if we are unable to take them in
- Construct bios, take pictures for Petfinder posts and other adoption sites as needed and keep status updated.
- Arrange veterinary care for foster animals and monitor veterinary expenses
- Respond to and manage adoption inquiries including making landlord calls and obtaining other references.
- Make every effort to answer applications in a timely fashion and to communicate with applicants in a courteous, helpful, and positive manner.
- Respond to requests to supply articles and appropriate numbers for bi-monthly Angel Alerts and numbers ahead of BOD meetings.
- Arrange for foster families to attend adoption events and/or liaise over foster transportation prior to adoption.
- Complete adoptions at events and/or other acceptable and safe location.
- Order food and supplies for operations and resale and maintain records as requested by Treasurer.
- Maintain electronic records of intakes, adoptions, income, and expenses and other data as required for annual reports and grant applications on Google Drive.
- Liaise with the Operations Taskforce Chair concerning any issues or matters that arise and if support is required.
- Attend quarterly Operations Meetings or ensure another member of the team is in attendance.
- Conduct follow-ups with families who have adopted.
- Expedite the return of previously adopted animals when return is requested.
- Record and deposit cash and checks from adoptions
- Distribute and maintain records of foster supplies according to budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain good working relationships with local animal shelters
- Keep up to date with current developments regarding the care of the species and treatment of conditions.
- Contribute to Constant Contact database email addresses of members/supporters.
- Monitor the health and wellbeing of foster animals in our care.
- Provide articles for posting on social media as requested
- Attend adoption events and/or other public facing event when possible
- If Coordinator leaves role, they will assist the Rescue in re-homing any animals adopted out during their time in the Rescue that are returned to the Rescue after they leave (in absence of a replacement Coordinator for that species at the time of the return)
If you are ready to help make a tangible difference in the lives of little animals, please email your resume to Volunteer@SmallAngelsRescue.org. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training