We are seeking a volunteer to help advance efficiency of the sponsorship department (and ultimately help our children find sponsors!) by translating letters from sponsors to their children. Responsibilities:
- Translating letters from sponsors to children into Spanish or French Creole by reading letters and hand writing the translation
- Help processing mail from children to their sponsors. Includes: reading, translating, checking off lists, organizing, stuffing envelopes and mailing
- Processing Christmas and Easter cards to children. Includes: reading, translating, and documenting
- Fluency in French Creole or Spanish - Dominican Spanish prefered (we will be requesting a translation sample from all applicants)
- Neat and legible handwriting
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Hatian / Creole
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 hours per week (flexible)
- Volunteer Receptionist
- TEACH Secondary School in Africa!
- TEACH Reading in Africa!
- 2016 Year-End Receipt Volunteers
- Grant Researcher and Database...
- Researcher for Spanish...
- TEACH Junior Secondary School in...
- TEACH Reading in Sierra Leone!
- Newspaper Researcher/Contact...
- Volunteer in MALAWI, Africa:...
- Letter Translator...
- General Resource Specialist
- TEACH Summer School in Africa!
- Donation Coordinator
- Mailing Volunteer