Do you have a passion for sharing your knowledge about STEM related topics and sustainability and want to help MoSS: Museum of Science and Sustainability meet their mission of inspiring and educating people in their own communities in the fields of science and sustainable living?
As an Event Specialist, you will serve as the public face of MoSS, contributing by volunteering the second Saturday of the month, 9:30am-1:30pm at Tumbleweed Ranch (located at Tumbleweed Park, 2250 S. McQueen Road, Chandler AZ).
At Science Saturdays, you will set-up a mobile exhibit, interact with event guests to create curiosity in the STEM related exhibit, and take-down the exhibit at the conclusion of the event for Chandler Science Saturdays. You will also have the opportunity to take exhibits out to local libraries in the near future as an additional way to further our mission.
Chandler Science Saturdays take place on the following dates, educating the community on the science and sustainability following topics!
- November 12 - Communication (Chuckwagon Festival)
- December 10 - Material Science
- January 14 - Waves
- February 11 - Bacteria
- March 11 - Science of Birds (Ostrich Festival)
- April 8 - Electricity
Aren't confident you'll have enough knowledge? Don't worry we will be sure to train you about all of our fun exhibits so you'll be an expert in the field!
At least one event or article per month and attend volunteer training opportunities as offered and assigned.
Chandler Science Saturdays
- Takes instruction and direction from the Coordinator on set-up, explain exhibit details and take-down;
- Engages with each attendee and assist them with exploring the exhibit;
- Ensures the event booth and exhibit are in working, clean and accessible condition at all times;
- Attend required training as needed;
- Creates curiosity about STEM
- Has fun at the exhibits and events!
- Writes engaging recaps of the event and about related STEM topics for the MoSS Blog
- At least 18 years of age.
- Comfortable interacting with all ages.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to navigate various exhibits.
- An interest in exploratory science and sustainability.
- A willingness to learn new concepts and share this knowledge.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Exhibition Arts
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-6 hours per month
- Write at least one blog article per month