The Vallejo libraries of Solano County Library are looking for volunteer literacy tutors for a reading comprehension program for 3rd to 5th graders. The program runs from December 2016 to May 2017. Volunteer opportunities will be available at three various sites in Vallejo including the John F. Kennedy Library. We are looking for dedicated, reliable, caring, positive people who are committed to working with children three times a week for a minimum of 12 weeks.
Tutors will be provided with easy to follow lesson plans for each session and will have access to a reading specialist and library staff for questions and guidance.
- excellent literacy and communication skills
- must be at least 18 years of age and have high school diploma
- available to assist weekday late afternoons/ early evenings. Specific dates and times will be determined.
- experience with children and/or adolescents
- interest in literacy education practices
- positive, collaborative attitude
- must agree to background check and tested for TB (only for school site volunteers)
- must attend a brief training session
How to Apply:
If interested, please Heather Cummins firstname.lastname@example.org for an application or call 1-866-57-ASKUS (1-866-572-7587) with any questions. Thank you.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training