- Under the direction of the MFSC Staff, Homework coaches will work with children from K-12 to provide academic support.
- Homework Coaches will be coaching a group of 5 children similar in age.
- The coaches’ primary responsibility is to ensure that the children have completed their work accurately as well as assisting them when needed.
- This is a part-time volunteer position.
- Homework coaches should have previous experience working with children; however relevant coursework will be considered.
- This position is a good fit for an aspiring teacher or youth worker with a background in working with kids.
- Interns must be flexible, may require some nights and Saturdays
- Internship is Unpaid
- Interns are able to create their own schedule, including hours per week and monthly commitment
- Currently enrolled in college or currently has Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with relevant coursework and or previous work with children
- Comfortable with children and all/most subject areas from Elementary to High school
- Strong communication, organizational, and professional demeanor
- MFSC will work with College/University if credits/hours are required; however, this requirement is not necessary for an internship position with the MFSC
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Internship duration will depend if applicant is completing internship for college credits