One of the most-recognized symbols of The Salvation Army is the bell ringer with a red kettle standing in front of a grocery store or shopping mall. The Red Kettle campaign is The Salvation Army's largest fundraiser, contributing thousands of dollars to programs helping people in Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties.
Often referred to as 'the army behind the Army,' volunteers play a crucial role in The Salvation Army's ability to provide quality social services for our community. As a Salvation Army volunteer, you'll help change lives, uplift families and support our neighbors in need every day. All Red Kettle donations collected in our community stay in our community! Help spread the joy of Christmas!
This year, our local Kettle Campaign runs from November 11 thru December 24th. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to cover the many hours of bell-ringing... How can you help?
- Groups of volunteers are needed to 'adopt' a kettle location for a day (or longer) by organizing a group of friends, family or co-workers to ring the bell (10 am to 8 pm daily, Monday thru Saturday)
- Volunteers to ring bells for a shift (preferred minimum of 2 hours)
- We have over 19 conventient locations in the Grand Traverse area
Red kettle volunteers are encouraged to be creative and have fun: sing, play an instrument, share a special talent, include your children, or bring a pet -- those are all popular ways to make it fun, and increase donations too! (Please note: bell-ringer volunteers must be 16 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult.)
You need to be able to stand in the cold. All of our ringing is done outside of the host locations.
Thank you for your interest in spreading the joy of the season...together we can Do the Most Good!
Call or email Mary at 946.4644.
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 2hr min preferred - groups can adopt a day
- Happy, love people and making joyful sound, families welcome