Are you interested in a meaningful volunteer opportunity that will make a real impact in the community? Yes? Then Volunteer Transportation Specialist is for you!
Did you know that donated bloods spoils, has a use-by date, and cannot exceed its expiration? Getting blood products delivered safely and when needed is crucial.
The Red Cross is looking for a few good drivers to serve as volunteer transportation specialists to deliver lifesaving blood products to Bay area hospitals. Drivers help ensure that blood products are available when and where needed for patients. Accident and burn victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients, and those in treatment for cancer may all need blood products.
What to know:
- Drive Red Cross vehicles (not big trucks!)
- Use small hand trucks
- Training provided
- You pick your schedule, ad hoc when available or repeating weekly 2-4x/month
What you need:
- Valid CA driver’s license with minimum of 3 years driving
- Verifiable and safe driving record
- Able to lift boxes of lifesaving blood products of up to 45 pounds a short distance
To learn more: contact Sydney Lorek at email@example.com or (408) 857-8591.
To apply: http://www.redcross.org/local/california/northern-california-coastal/volunteer#step1 and select Blood Services, then NCPW Biomedical Services: Transportation Specialist. Thank you!
- Truck Driving
- Transportation Management
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Inventory Management
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 4-hour weekly shift or 4-hour shift 2-4x/month
- valid driver's licence for 3 years