VOLUNTEER TUTOR: Help Foster Youth Achieve Success in the Classroom!
19 people are interested
Volunteer Tutors assist the mission of Boys and Girls Haven by helping our youth achieve their highest potential in the classroom. Specifically, volunteers will assist in our on-campus school.
- Work one-on-one with individual students to complete assignments in qualified academic areas.
- Act as an additional resource to the student and teacher.
- On occasion and as agreed to by the volunteer, tutors may assist with library duties and light administrative work.
- Classroom Sponsor: Tutors have the option of assisting as a Classroom Sponsor as well. These volunteers will assist teachers by planning special activities and sessions (holidays, thematic, etc.) inside of the classroom.
Boys and Girls Haven School is a JCPS affiliated alternative school. Our students are made up of foster youth - many of whom have been abused and/or neglected - who are in need of more personalized education services than are generally avialable in the public school system.
We'll work with your schedule.
2301 Goldsmith LaneLouisville, KY 40218
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- One semester commitment, one hour per week
- At leas two years of college or enrollment in college program required.