GreatNonprofits is the "TripAdvisor" of the nonprofits world. We help donors and volunteers choose which nonprofits they want to support based on clients' reviews and ratings. Our site hosts reviews of groups of all different shapes and sizes and types from the smallest grassroots groups operating on the local level, to the large regional, national, and international organizations.
We're seeking volunteers to write posts for our blog to increase engagement and bring traffic to our site. Ideally, these volunteers would each write about four posts per month.
There are three main types of posts we need written:
- Best Nonprofits Roundup: Highlight the top-rated nonprofits of a certain issue or in a specific geographic area and do a short profile of each. E.g. "These Are The 10 Best Nonprofits In Seattle"
- How-To Posts: Give practical advice and instructions to answer user's questions. E.g. "8 Ways You Can Help Fight Human Trafficking" or "How To Become An Animal Shelter Volunteer"
- Listicles: Buzzfeed-style articles that are geared toward social-sharing. E.g. "10 Times Taylor Swift Was The Most Charitable Person Ever"
- Experience with blogging or writing for the web
- Bachelor's degree or pursuing a bachelor's degree in marketing, writing, communications, literature, or a related field
- Outstanding research skills (we will give you insights using our data and industry knowledge, but you may have to do some research on your own)
- Passion for nonprofits and ability to inspire others to support good causes
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for accuracy and grammar
- Superior command of the English language
- Able to write one post per week
- WordPress ninja
To apply, please submit a resume and at least three writing samples (portfolios preferred). In three sentences or less, tell us why you'd be a great fit, which post type you're most interested in writing, and what causes you're passionate about.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-5 hours (1 article) per week
- Writing samples and resume requested