99 people are interested
The Events volunteer will report to and work closely with the Annual Giving & Special Projects Manager and the Resource Development team to plan, execute and manage the logistics around fundraising events. This volunteer position also requires the planning and execution of non-fundraising events including groundbreakings and home dedications. We are looking for a candidate who can focus specifically on building a structure for annual events as well as bring creative ideas to each project.
- Assist in the planning and execution of our annual fundraising event, The Habitat House Party
- Assist in the planning and execution of new events that will help cultivate new donors and sustain Habitat New York City contacts with existing donors and other key stakeholders. Such events include special build days like Broadway Builds, Women Build and more.
- Assist in the planning and execution of organization-wide events, including but not limited to groundbreakings, home dedications, and family and volunteer recognition events.
- Coordinate logistics for corporate team build days.
- Assist in Manage creative programming, operations, logistics, production, budgeting, contracts, billing and result reporting for all events.
- Create a working calendar of special events and a timeline for planning each even which includes budgets.
- Assist the Grants and In-Kind Manager in soliciting Gifts-in-Kind donations and sponsorships as needed for events.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing team to create event collateral and marketing materials for each event, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation for events including correspondence, invitations, guest lists, mailings, vendor approvals, ticketing, auction items, marketing materials and more.
- Continuously stays abreast of event strategies, ideas and trends in the marketplace including competitive and industry brands. Utilizes this knowledge to create opportunities and inform all facets of events
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years event planning/event management experience specifically in New York City. College/University experience applies.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to think strategically and creatively. This includes database and budget management.
- Strong customer service including clients, donors, volunteers and vendors.
- Must be able to take direction, think creatively and proactively suggest solutions, and be able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to lift 30lbs.
- Passion and understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission and the desire to promote it!
We'll work with your schedule.
111 John St.23rd FloorNew York, NY 10038
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- 2-3 days a week plus night & weekend events
- Ability to lift 30 lbs, be proactive & have passion for our mission