52 people are interested
Low income families in Broward county are currently living in substandard conditions which endanger the family’s health and safety, erodes their hope and self-worth, and can impair the ability of their children to succeed. Many committed families willing to work hard to provide their children with a stable home environment and hope for the future have partnered with Habitat for Humanity and are currently building their own homes with the help of thoughtful volunteers of all skill levels who contribute their time and talents toward making a difference in their lives.
By performing tasks such as framing walls, sodding and landscaping, painting and shingling you can help the future homeowners complete their homes sooner so they can realize their dream of homeownership sooner and achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to start building a better life.
If you want to make an impact in your community in a long-lasting way, want to learn about construction, try something new, learn new skills or contribute with your experience while having fun in a way you may not have thought of, this opportunity is right for you!
Opportunities are available Tuesday-Thursday, and Saturday from 7:45-12:30.
All volunteers need to register through our website at http://www.habitatbroward.org/get-involved/volunteer/construction/ and complete the brief registration. Then you can sign up for projects using our online calendar. Once you sign up for a project date, you’ll receive an email confirmation within about an hour with worksite details.
If you have any questions, feel free contact Gina Caballero, Director of Volunteer Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org / Ph: (954)396-3030 Ext.200
About Habitat for Humanity of Broward
3564 N Ocean Blvd, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33308, US
Mission Statement: Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity of Broward brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Habitat Broward offers a "hand up" not a "hand out" to low to very low-income families who are unable to qualify for conventional financing but are willing to work hard to improve their family’s lives.
- Empower partner families through education, resources and support to successfully achieve their personal, academic and professional goals
- Teach the youth of future homeowner families the skills and attitudes needed to make better life choices and break the intergenerational cycle of poverty
- Increase awareness and educate the community regarding issues related to the affordable housing crisis and what they can do to help
- Pursue green building certification for Habitat Broward homes in order to make our design more sustainable and eco-friendly
- Revitalize and strengthen the community by building affordable homes throughout Broward County.
We'll work with your schedule.
locations updated weeklylocations updated weekly, FL 33060
- Home Repair
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16