The East Boston Neighborhood Health Center is looking for caring and reliable mentors to provide a structured one to one relationship for children and teens from the community who have been identified by their provider as in need of a mentor and/or tutor.
Volunteer mentors may:
- serve as positive role model who will provide access to people, places, and things outside of the mentee’s customary environment
- Provide academic assistance and encouragement. Support mentee with personal and/or school identified learning goals-celebrate successes and help mentee navigate through academic frustrations.
- Through social interaction build confidence, self-esteem, and social skills of mentee.
- Help mentee to reach goals suggested by mentee, health center provider, staff, teachers, or designed by mentor and mentee. (examples: school attendance, applying to college, self-care, volunteering, part time work, etc)
- Child Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- at least 6 months
- immunization screening, and trainings.