Make a Lasting Difference in Someone's Life; Be a Hospice Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
69 people are interested
People helping people. That's what giving to hospice care is all about. If you have a passion for caring for others, and if you're looking for a way to make a difference in people's lives, consider becoming a hospice volunteer.
Hospice gives patients who are facing a life-limiting illness the freedom to live ALL the days of their lives by offering comfort, dignity and quality of life. As a hospice volunteer, and an important part of our hospice care team, you can help improve the quality of life for our patients, as well as their families and caregivers.
Direct Patient Care Volunteers can make a difference in a variety of ways:
Activities with Patients:
- Offering companionship
- Reading and writing letters
- Playing chess, cards or board games
- Knitting, scrapbooking and other craft projects
- Participating in pet therapy
- Providing support at time of death
- Arranging donated flowers
- Light gardening
- Delivering hand-made blankets and quilts
- Running errands
- Walking pets
- Assisting with letter writing
- Providing respite for caregiver
- Attending funerals
- Participating in memorial services
- Offering companionship to loved ones
Administrative Hospice Volunteers may help in the following ways:
- Answer phones in hospice office
- Assist with patient and family mailings
- Filing and assisting the Bereavement and Volunteer Programs with administrative tasks as needed
Amedisys Hospice partners with the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization to offer the We Honor Veterans program to our veteran patients and their families. This program aims to pair recruited Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans.
Currently, Amedisys Inc., Garner office, serves hospice patients in the following counties: Wake, Durham, Johnson, Harnett, Lee, Orange, Chatham, Wilson, Wayne, Nash and Duplin.
Time is valuable, and at the end of life, every moment counts. Consider giving some of your time to make others' lives brighter. You may find that your life becomes brighter too.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
220 New Fidelity Ct.Garner, NC 27529
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week
- Initial 2-step TB test to be updated yearly; if age 17 and younger, must have an adult present