Program: Volunteer Program
Interns will engage in experiential learning experience through which that will learn what is involved in daily operations of a nonprofit volunteer program. Interns will actively interact with staff and volunteers, gaining exposure to all aspects of volunteer recruitment, management and recognition. Interns will receive on-going training and supervision from the Volunteer Coordinator. Interns interested in working with a nonprofit or in the field of human resources, communications and marketing, or public relations will benefit from this experience. Interns will gain experience in as a result project management, event planning/coordinating, community outreach, and fundraising. Additional skills that students will likely gain from this experience includes cross-cultural competence, interpersonal skills, written communication skills, social media and problem solving.
Areas interns will gain experience in include:
- Develop content for bi-monthly Volunteer E-Newsletter and other volunteer communication
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers by attending recruitment and other outreach events
- Communicate with community partners to promote volunteer opportunities and IH volunteer program
- Assist with fundraising and event planning activities for volunteer recognition events
- Assist with volunteer retention activities as instructed
- Maintain volunteer emailing list in MailChimp and volunteer database in Smartsheets
- Perform other tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy required (MS Office and Google Docs)
- Highly detailed-oriented and rigorous work ethic
- Self-motivated, creative
- Can work independently without constant supervision
- Reliability and consistency
- Cultural flexibility and a welcoming attitude towards people of all backgrounds
- Minimum of 6-8 hours per week, Monday -Friday
- Must be in office at least two days
- Minimum one semester (3-4 months)
To apply, please submit the following documents to Samantha Williams, AmeriCorps ACCESS Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate Volunteer Program & Social Media Assistant.
- Cover Letter
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Public Relations
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a week, two days in office.
- Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative.