The Plant Exchange is seeking a multi-talented individual for 8 weeks (part time) to develop a strategic and comprehensive fundraising plan.
The right candidate will work closely with the founder, staff, and marketing team to create a development plan in accordance with The Plant Exchange’s fundraising objectives. The fundraising plan will focus on generating revenue by: cultivating corporate sponsorships and in-kind contributions, individual giving and special event fundraising. 80% of the execution and implementation of the strategy will be handled by Plant Exchange administrative staff, 20% by the candidate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic and comprehensive plan to attract financial contributions from corporate sponsorships, individuals, and special events.
- Build a sponsor acquisition program. Outlining comprehensive short and long-term partnership strategies for in-kind and financial contributions.
- Develop a sustained giving program.
- Write sponsorship packages (donation levels and benefits) and tailor packages for corporate partners and new prospects.
- Develop an annual fundraising special event that would resonate with our community and drive attendance and financial support.
- Provide best practices for ongoing relationship building and train in-house staff to execute the plan.
- Five or more years of experience in fundraising, including a proven track record achieving fundraising goals, particularly with volunteer and community based events.
- Experience with corporate event sponsorship prospect research and solicitation.
- Solid understanding of charitable solicitation and philanthropy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to team efforts.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Monica at: ThePlantExchange@yahoo.com or call (510) 866-8482 for more information.
- Marketing Analytics
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment