We're Looking For Personal Library Shoppers!
Jefferson County Public Library delivers materials to residents who are disabled and unable to come to the library. Without the ability to browse the shelves or access reading recommendations tools, these residents need assistance selecting and finding new books, movies, and music. Contribute to the quality of life of homebound residents and stay connected to the literary and media trends.
- Select reading, viewing, and listening materials based on customer preferences
- Encourage customers to communicate feedback on selections and future orders.
- Work 4-8 hours per month weekdays between 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Preferred qualities and skills:
- Avid reader, movie buff, or music enthusiast
- User of online and print bestseller, review, and selections tools
- Compassionate, good written and oral communication skills, and trustworthy with confidential information
Background check required; online catalog training provided.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Library Sciences
- Reading / Writing
- Administrative Support
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per month