This role will help Care and Share Food Bank to accept more volunteers, and host multiple projects to reach more families in need in Southern Colorado.
- Setup and prepare the sorting area for the volunteer group 30 minutes prior to volunteer shift
- Ensure all totes have proper signage
- Make sure there are enough supplies for the group (tape, box cutters, etc.)
- Welcome volunteer groups and give a clear concise instruction to each section of the group as to what they are doing.
- Actively participate and oversee the group as they sort. Answer questions about the product (expirations and packaging)
- Weigh and log recycle food, cardboard, plastic and trash food at the end of shift
- 30 minutes prior to the end of the scheduled volunteer shift organize group cleaning of the sorting area to ensure the entire area is prepped for the next group. Perform cleaning list.
Initial Impact: Your support will help Care and Share Food Bank to accept larger groups regularly.
Host a variety of projects onsite.
Sustained Outcomes: Your support will have a sustained outcome of being able to feed more families in Southern Colorado.
Help push more food out into the community quickly.
Commitment: One shift per week minimum; morning 8:30AM-11:30AM, afternoon 11:30AM-3:30PM or Thursday evening from 4PM-7PM
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to be on their feet for extended periods.
- Personable and professional
- Understanding the mission and work of Care and Share Food Bank.
- Good foundational training for other warehouse work.
- Learned volunteer coordination and warehouse work can be added to your resume.
- Enhance leadership and public speaking skills
- Opportunity to meet new people in our community.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours once per week