The volunteer services intern will assist with various tasks and responsibilities necessary for maintaining and expanding the volunteer services of the Refugee Education Center, as well as assist the REC staff on program needs that help maximize the efficiency and productivity.
Expected Educational Outcomes
- Develop an understanding of the day-to-day responsibilities of running a non-profit organization
- Learn the requirements for recruiting, hiring, managing, retaining, and evaluating volunteer performance.
- Increased knowledge and experience in volunteer recruitment
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain up-to-date electronic volunteer case files
- Converting completed case files into electronic files
- Communication follow-up with volunteer and intern contacts
- Logging volunteer activity and hours
- Volunteer job posting on recruiting websites
- Attend recruitment events, contacting local colleges, churches, businesses, organizations
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in college (Majors in Social Work, Education, Public Admin, International Relations and related fields encouraged to apply)
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Human Resources Diversity
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We work with your schedule!
- Case File Volunteer
- Data Entry Intern/ Volunteer
- Tutor Refugee Children With Us!
- Refugee Parent Engagement...
- Logistics Intern/Volunteer
- We need Volunteer Drivers!
- Help Refugee Kids walk and bus...
- Volunteer Services Intern Staff
- Refugee School Enrollment...
- Google Doc. Volunteer!
- Do you speak another language?...
- Salesforce Volunteer