GROUP MAILING ASSISTANT:
The Marketing and Development Departments are looking for help with large, group mailings. These volunteer positions are ideal for those wanting to contribute to the Maryland Science Center behind-the-scenes in a relaxed but hard-working atmosphere. Group mailing volunteers help the Maryland Science Center stay connected with its Members and Donors and, therefore, are vital to the Maryland Science Center's continued success.
Folding letters, stuffing envelopes
Pre-sorting mail according to Zip Code in compliance with non-profit postage standards
Stamping and sealing of finished envelopes
Organized and thorough
Good eye for detail
Training: Provided by Marketing and Development staff
Schedule: This is an on-going, as-needed position. Opportunities to volunteer are usually presented at least two weeks in advance. Generally, there is one large mailing per month, usually occurring on Monday mornings.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mailings usually occur once a month on a Monday
- Exhibits Shop Assistant: Help...
- Bus Greeter: Busloads of fun!
- Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach,...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistant
- Kids Room Costume and Fabric...
- Exhibit Facilitator: Assist...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educator: Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailing Assistant: Help...
- Observatory Assistant: Share...
- Exhibits Fabricator
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistant