The Marketing and Development departments are looking for help with large, group mailings. These volunteer positions are ideal for those looking to contribute to the Science Center behind the scenes in a relaxed atmosphere. Group mailing volunteers help MSC stay connected with its members and donors and, therefore, are vital to the continued success of the Science Center!
Folding and stuffing envelopes
Pre-sorting mail according to zip-code to comply with non-profit postage standards
Stamping and sealing of mailings
Organized and thorough
Training: Provided by Marketing and Development staff
Schedule: This is an on-going, as-needed position. Opportunities to volunteer are usually presented at least two weeks in advance. Generally, there is one large mailing per month, usually occurring on Monday mornings.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Mailings usually occur once a month on a Monday
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Green Roof Assistants
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants