The Marketing and Development departments are looking for help with large, group mailings. These volunteer positions are ideal for those looking to contribute to the Science Center behind the scenes in a relaxed atmosphere. Group mailing volunteers help MSC stay connected with its members and donors and, therefore, are vital to the continued success of the Science Center!
Folding and stuffing envelopes
Pre-sorting mail according to zip-code to comply with non-profit postage standards
Stamping and sealing of mailings
Organized and thorough
Training: Provided by Marketing and Development staff
Schedule: This is an on-going, as-needed position. Opportunities to volunteer are usually presented at least two weeks in advance. Generally, there will be at least one large mailing per month.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- This is an on-going, as needed position.
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Exhibits Assistants: Great...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Development Assistant
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Fabricator and Finisher:...
- Archives Assistant: Photograph...
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Exhibits Prototyper and Fabricator
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media Assistant