Maryland Science Center Ticket Agents greet guests, sell and process tickets, and respond to guest questions. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in customer service and visitor relations.
Sell tickets to visitors using a computerized ticketing system
Provide general information regarding exhibits, activities, and events at the Maryland Science Center
Maintain accurate cash accounts
Complete daily reports
Friendly, outgoing, articulate
Good clerical, calculating, and cash handling skills
Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public; at ease with people of all ages
Training: Training provided by Guest Services Managers
Schedule: Shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday (add Monday, from March-August). Typical shifts are four hours, usually from 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, but scheduling can be admittedly tricky, as the volunteer would need to be available on anyone of those days as needed. Opportunities to volunteer would be presented at least a week in advance, but could be as last-minute as two days in advance. Flexibility is the key for this position.
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application forms. All volunteers must submit an application, and volunteer appointments are by interview only. All applicants (over the age of 18) must complete a background check and orientation session, prior to volunteering.
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hour shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday
- Exhibit Shop Assistant: Help...
- Bus Greeter: Busloads of fun!
- Lobby Ambassador/IMAX Theater...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach,...
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Kids Room Costume and Fabric...
- Exhibit Facilitator: Assist...
- Ticket Agent
- Camp-In Volunteer
- Science Educator: Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailing Assistant: Help...
- Observatory Assistant: Share...
- Exhibit Fabricator
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistant