Help MSC guests have the best visit possible! Lobby Ambassadors provide visitors with a warm welcome and are on-hand to collect ticket stubs and answer questions. This is a great role for volunteers who love interacting with the public and have excellent customer service skills. This is also a great opportunity to gain experience in customer service and visitor relations!
Welcome guests to MSC, hand out map guides and provide general information
Collect tickets as guests enter and ensures visitors are wearing the proper wrist band
Act as quasi-security for the lobby to ensure visitor safety and satisfaction
Roam the exhibits to provide guest service to visitors with questions or concerns
Refer complaints courteously to the Manager on Duty
Excellent customer service
Excellent listening and verbal communication
Comfortable interacting with the public, including young children and/or large groups
May need to stand for extended periods of time
Training: Provided by Guest Services management
Schedule: Four- hour shifts are available Tuesday-Sunday
Please visit marylandsciencecenter.org for further information and application instructions!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hour shifts are available Tuesday-Saturday
- Exhibits Shop Assistants: Help...
- Bus Greeter
- IMAX Theater Usher: Volunteer...
- Kids Room Educational Materials...
- Kids Room Educator: Teach, learn...
- Planetarium eBay Specialist
- SciLab Assistant: Help young...
- Development Assistant
- Lobby Ambassador
- Exhibit Facilitators: Assist MSC...
- Ticket Agent
- Science Educators! Inspire the...
- Science Store Cashier
- Group Mailings: Help MSC stay...
- Observatory Assistant:Share your...
- Traveling Science Media...
- Exhibits Fabricators
- Kids Room Upkeep Assistants