Job Title: SENIOR MEDICARE PATROL (SMP) VOLUNTEER
Department: Aging and Disabled Resource Center
Status of Position: Volunteer
SMP Volunteers work within their communities, educating and empowering beneficiaries to take an active role in the detection and prevention of health care fraud and abuse, with a focus on the Medicare and Medicaid programs. This education will be completed through group training sessions, health fairs and one-on-one counseling.
- Partner with aging services network professionals, law enforcement and others to promote community awareness of health care errors, fraud and abuse.
- Arrange and present at group education sessions
- Attend health fairs, seminars, and conferences as an exhibitor for distribution of consumer education materials about Medicare, Medicaid and fraud, errors and abuse.
- Make appropriate referrals
- Must be 18 years or older
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Must submit to background check
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Have available transportation
- Flexible, accessible, and reliable
- Able to present information and material to large or small group or attend local health fairs to distribute information
- Ability to listen and provide relevant information to the public
- Attend orientation to review information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines. This training should take roughly 2 hours.
- After orientation above Senior Medicare Patrol Training will take place to well verse Volunteer on SMP and common frauds/scams going around.
- Must be willing to attend periodic training/meetings.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21