Title: HANDYMAN VOLUNTEER
Reports to: Zachary Kline, Volunteer Coordinator
Status of Position: Volunteer
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine maintenance such as painting, minor repairs, changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, changing furnace filters, lawn clean-up.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must provide own tools*
- Report major changes in client’s health status or living situation to CICOA Volunteer Coordinator.
- As jobs are assigned and accepted
- Must be 18 years or older
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Must submit to background check
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Have available transportation
- Must be flexible, accessible and reliable
- Ability to move, lift and hang objects
- Competent using hand and power tools
- Attend initial training meeting to receive handbook, and information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines. (Consideration will be given to volunteer’s availability and schedule.)
- Must be willing to attend periodic training or get-acquainted meetings.
- Zachary Kline, Volunteer Coordinator at CICOA (317-803-6292) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly hours report will be turned in to supervisor
You will use your specific skills to create a better living environment for someone, make a new friend and gain the satisfaction of knowing you made a difference in the life of a fellow citizen in our community.
*Basic tools required: screwdriver, hammer, tape measure, level, wrench, paint brush, roller, tray,
Gardening tools: rake, clippers, lawn and leaf bags, shovel, gloves
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18