CICOA Aging & In-Home Solutions
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine maintenance such as painting, minor repairs, changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, changing furnace filters, lawn clean-up etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must provide own tools*
- As jobs are assigned and accepted
- Must be 18 years or older
- Completed Volunteer Application
- Must submit to background check
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Have available transportation
- Flexible, accessible, and reliable
- Ability to move, lift, and hang objects
- Competent using hand and power tools
- Attend orientation to review information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines.
- Must be willing to attend periodic training/meetings.
You will use your specific skills to create a better and safer living environment for the aging and disabled population in Central Indiana. The contributions of CICOA handyman volunteers directly supports CICOA's mission of keeping our clients safely in their homes and communities, maximizing independence and quality of life.
*Basic tools required: screwdriver, hammer, tape measure, level, wrench, paint brush, roller, tray,
Gardening tools: rake, clippers, lawn and leaf bags, shovel, gloves