Title: FRIENDLY VISITOR / LIGHT HOUSEKEEPING
Reports to: Zachary Kline, Volunteer Coordinator
Status of Position: Volunteer
Friendly visitors are volunteers who provide companionship and emotional support to CICOA’s
clients who are homebound or very limited in their ability to get around. Friendly visitors may be the only social contact with non-professionals that CICOA homebound client’s experience. You may be asked to help with light chores around client’s home.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Visit client in his/her home and provide face-to-face companionship and emotional support for minimum of 1 hour per visit.
- · If client requests, perform simple tasks such as helping open mail, reading to client, running simple errands, laundry,
- · You will report major changes in client’s health status or living situation to CICOA Volunteer Coordinator.
- · Enter a clear mutual agreement about expectations and limitations.
- · Inform client as soon as possible if agreed upon schedule needs to be changes.
- · Client visits 1-3 times per month
- · Must be 18 years or older
- · Completed Volunteer Application
- · Must submit to background check
- · Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- · Have available transportation
- · Must be flexible, accessible and reliable
- · Attend initial training meeting to receive handbook, and information regarding confidentiality laws, organizational policies and volunteer guidelines.
- · Must be willing to attend periodic training or meetings.
- · CICOA volunteers do not transport clients, dispense medications, give personal care or accept payment / gifts of any kind.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18