Friendly Visitors needed for -
Waukesha Springs Health & Rehabilitation Center ,
1810 Kensington Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188.
Trained Hospice Volunteers are matched with hospice patients who are socially isolated. Visits typically last an hour, but may be more or less, given the circumstances. Hospice Volunteers provide a personal, continuous one-to-one relationship with hospice patients at their residence.
- Provide support through friendship
- Arrange in advance for a suitable time to visit
- Are punctual and dependable for each visit
- Give brief volunteer reports to the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Report promptly any problems or concerns to the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteers must complete a volunteer application, submit to a routine background check, interview with the volunteer coordinator and complete certain medical requirements such as 2-step Tuberculin Skin Test.
Volunteers must complete orientation and a thorough training program that covers aspects of hospice care such as spiritual, physical, emotional, bereavement and psychosocial services.
Our Volunteer Coordinator works with each new volunteer to help determine the best fit to assure that patient needs are met and the volunteer has a satisfying and rewarding experience.
Volunteers interested in working in some specialized areas like bereavement and vigil support receive additional training. Ongoing educational opportunities also are available to all hospice volunteers throughout the year.Contact us
If you have a sincere desire to help, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. That special touch, those kind words and even the smallest act of caring can be so rewarding.
For more information on hospice volunteering please call 262-785-1356.Hospice Volunteers Ensure No One Dies Alone
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 2 times per month
- dependable, compassionate
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...