Friendly Visitors needed for -
Two female residents at
Waukesha Springs Health & Rehabilitation Center ,
1810 Kensington Dr, Waukesha, WI 53188.
Trained Hospice Volunteers are matched with hospice patients who are socially isolated. Visits typically last an hour, but may be more or less, given the circumstances. Hospice Volunteers provide a personal, continuous one-to-one relationship with hospice patients at their residence.
- Provide support through friendship
- Arrange in advance for a suitable time to visit
- Are punctual and dependable for each visit
- Give brief volunteer reports to the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Report promptly any problems or concerns to the Hospice Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteers must complete a volunteer application, submit to a routine background check, interview with the volunteer coordinator and complete certain medical requirements such as 2-step Tuberculin Skin Test.
Volunteers must complete orientation and a thorough training program that covers aspects of hospice care such as spiritual, physical, emotional, bereavement and psychosocial services.
Our Volunteer Coordinator Diane Jones works with each new volunteer to help determine the best fit to assure that patient needs are met and the volunteer has a satisfying and rewarding experience.
Volunteers interested in working in some specialized areas like bereavement and vigil support receive additional training. Ongoing educational opportunities also are available to all hospice volunteers throughout the year.Contact us
If you have a sincere desire to help, consider becoming a hospice volunteer. That special touch, those kind words and even the smallest act of caring can be so rewarding.
For more information on hospice volunteer opportunities, please contact us at:
DianeJones@ aseracare.com or 262-785-1356Hospice Volunteers Ensure No One Dies Alone
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of 2 times per month
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- Hospice Volunteer
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Visitor
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...