The Development, Outreach and Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and executing plans to increase funding, visibility, partner and client outreach in MS's service area.
Fund Development (60%)
* Create overall plan to increase funding opportunities. Coordinate and implement solicitation campaigns, with focus of securing new corporate and individual sponsors, grants, underwriters and donors.
* Work collaboratively with ED and Resource Development Board Committee to engage Board, committees, volunteers, and staff in the identification, cultivation and solicitation effort.
* Manage individual giving cultivation and appeal campaigns.
* Coordinate events to attract prospective donors and sponsors to ensure effective partnerships.
* Ensure acknowledgment of all gifts in an appropriate and timely fashion consistent with donor's solicitation and stewardship plan.
* Work with staff, volunteers and board members to identify prospects capable of giving gifts of at least $5K annually. Develop and manage donor pipeline of individual, corporate, and grant prospects. Increase the number of gifts secured through a variety of giving avenues.
* Research/identify corporate and grant donors for sponsorships and underwriting opportunities.
* Manage all information relating to donors and prospects through MS donor database.
* Act as initial point of entry for prospective donors.
* Support special fundraising events.
Outreach & Marketing (40%)
* Develop and execute outreach strategy and materials to build awareness and visibility of MS services and ensure client recruitment in all service jurisdictions with other non-profit partners.
* Identify and cultivate new community partnerships, including city and county housing departments and organizations.
* Prepare proposals, letters, and customized collateral material as necessary.
* Work with the team to generate material and initiate social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other outlets.
* Develop new content for website.
* Work with ED and team to coordinate production of mailed and electronic newsletters and communication collaterals.
* These responsibilities represent the essential functions of the position, with other duties as assigned
* Commitment to serve low-income families, children and communities
* Experience in solicitation of gifts from individuals, corporations and grant makers.
* Must be goal orientated with strong initiative and self-motivation; experience working in teams or in self-directed fundraising activities.
* Impeccable attention to detail, following through on all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship.
* Experience working with volunteers, volunteer leadership and program staff in fundraising with individuals and corporations.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills; excellent research and organizational skills; and superior written and oral communication skills along with a healthy sense of humor.
* Ability to work well with diverse groups of stakeholders-funders, volunteers, staff, clients, and community members.
* Ability and desire to stay updated on current knowledge and trends of development industry.
* Strong network of local development contacts and resources is desirable.
* Relevant computer skills, including salesforce donor database, PC, Microsoft office, Excel.
* Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines, while effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Able to work flexible hours
* Four-year college degree and/or plus a minimum of three years demonstrated successful experience and effectiveness in individual and corporate gift fundraising with a focus on prospect identification, relationship building and solicitation or equivalent. Experience with personalized outreach sales and strategies.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment