Committee Members Needed to Award Travel Scholarships
6 people are interested
HI San Diego Travel Scholarship Committee Members will provide oversight for and manage the HI USA travel scholarship program in their local community. Committee members will be collectively tasked with developing their local program with the support of HI USA staff and resources.
This scholarship is for aspiring global travelers who want to give back while they experience another culture. Scholarship recipients will receive $2,000 to support a trip that includes an educational or service component.
- Participate as an active member of the committee, including regular attendance at monthly meetings and assisting with committee responsibilities
- Assist in travel scholarship planning efforts
- Assist in marketing the travel scholarship program in local community and personal connections
- Participate in the selection of local travel scholarship recipients using our standard grading system
- Work with HI USA staff member(s) in implementing the program
Desired skills, qualifications:
- Connections and familiarity with local community, including local universities, colleges and organizations that serve the 18-30 age range and/or communities that have less access to travel and/or less resources for travel
- Leadership experience
- Marketing and social media experience
- Mid Jan -Mid-March: Explore the World promotion and application live
- Late-March early April: Grade Explore the World applications and select recipients
We'll work with your schedule.
521 Market St.San Diego, CA 92101
- People Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training