CANY is actively seeking new board members to support this important work.
- ADVOCATE - help CANY raise our voice and reach new people.
- Actively share the power of CANY’s work with your friends, family, colleagues and networks;
- Help CANY find new friends and supporters;
- Whenever and wherever possible connect CANY leadership to other people and organizations in support of our cause;
- Help CANY tell our story;
- Serve on a board committee.
- GIVE - help bring critical funding to the organization.
- Make a significant personal annual contribution appropriate to your circumstance;
- Use a variety of tools and methods, with the support of staff to meet or exceed a fundraising goal of $5,000 annually;
- Attend the annual gala and invite your friends;
- Complete other tasks at the request of the Executive Director or Chair, such as approaching local businesses for support, hosting small events, arranging meetings with potential donors
- GOVERN - help ensure CANY and all involved behave in an ethical and sustainable manner.
- Attend four board meetings a year and committee meetings as necessary;
- Ensure that the organization operates within relevant laws, ethics and in compliance with its own bylaws and policies;
- Ensure the organization remains true to its mission;
- Ensure that the organization acts in a fiscally responsible manner and is taking steps to ensure long term sustainability and success.
- Strategic Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Theater Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment