Are you Determined to find a cure for cancer? Relay For Life of Pacifica needs a People Lead
1 person is interested
This opportunity is a for someone who is hands on, who wants more than a 1-day gig passing out water to runners and wants to find that cure for cancer. Relay For Life is planned, manned and produced by an Event Leadership Team of volunteers from Pacifica. We invest in our volunteers through group training and 1-on-1 coaching from an American Cancer Society staff member. As the single largest fundraising event in the world, you get to be part of something pretty spectacular; it is truly a global movement. No experience necessary, however, a go-getter attitude is essential!
Leadership Position Open: People Lead
The role of the People Lead is simply put, to bring the people. This critical role serves as the recruitment and engagement expert of the Event Leadership Team.
Individuals in this role lead the recruitment and engagement of Relay For Life teams and participants, survivors and caregivers, as well as the Relay For Life Event Leadership Team members. Individuals in this role possess strong leadership and mentoring skills. They are comfortable developing and cultivating relationships within the community while representing the American Cancer Society and the Relay For Life event.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Work with the Relay For Life Community Manager to ensure that training of role and resources takes place.
* Assist Event Lead and Relay For Life Community Manager in recruiting Event Leadership Team members.
* Assist and mentor Community Champions and the Survivors and Caregivers Lead.
* Provide guidance and support in recruitment of event participants and volunteers.
* Regularly communicate with Team Ambassadors regarding event-specific information.
* Work with the Event Leader and Relay For Life Community Manager to create and execute development strategies to grow the participation and quality of the event with utilization of benchmarking strategies.
* Making the ask of individuals, organizations, and local leaders to get involved with the Relay For Life event.
* Discuss fundraising goals with the Event Leader, Fund the Cure Leader, and Relay For Life Community Manager to ensure that recruitment is helping achieve those goals.
* Review recruitment benchmarks on a monthly or bi-monthly basis with the Event Leader and Relay For Life Community Manager to ensure goals are being met.
So...at this point you may be wondering...WHAT IS RELAY FOR LIFE?
At Relay For Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much. This community event is held on a local high school track or park and consists of inspiring ceremonies, activities and fun, and teams of friends, families, and co-workers coming together to finish the fight against cancer! The funds raised truly make a difference in the fight against cancer - just ask one of the nearly 14 million cancer survivors who will celebrate another birthday this year!
Each Relay For Life event is special to its community, but the movement's true power lies in the combined commitment of thousands of participants, volunteers, and supporters to help the American Cancer Society save lives from cancer.
Commitment requires regular check ins with your team lead and/or ACS staff member (in person, over the phone or via email) during Relay Season (January-August depending on event) and 2-3 hours a week of additional volunteer efforts. Schedule of work is up to you. For more information on Relay For Life and/or the American Cancer Society, please visit www.relayforlife.org/pacificaca or contact Kelsey Bollman at email@example.com
Sound like something you'd be great at?? Perhaps you'd only like a bite-size piece of this role?? Perhaps you & a family member or a friend interested in working on this together?? We would LOVE to chat & truly look forward to working with you to create a world without cancer!!!!
We'll work with your schedule.
Entire Community of PacificaPacifica, CA 94044
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per week