Volunteers assist Project Hope staff by providing safe and fun activities for children. Children’s Program volunteers can be flexible in their activities with children and should assist in ways that feel most comfortable to them.
Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Working with staff to ensure safety for children and parental support as needed and/or when appropriate.
2. Engage in informal play with children that provides attention and support to child participants.
3. Help Children’s Program staff with planned field trips.
5. Organize special activity time with children (i.e. arts & crafts projects, play games, story time, etc).
6. Co-facilitate play groups for children with staff and/or other volunteers.
7. Other projects as needed (i.e. playroom clean-up; book, toy, art supply; school supply organizing).
REQUIREMENTS: * Completion of training. * Ability and willingness to work with children of various ages who may have lived with family violence. * Ability to use patience and empathy in interactions with young people and parents. * Willingness to learn and have fun!
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training