Cook a meal for our homeless clients!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
400 people are interested
Time Commitment: ~ 1-2 hours per meal. Weekly/monthly commitments are especially appreciated!
Staff will confirm your signup by phone or email. To avoid double-booking, please do not proceed without staff confirmation.
Prepare and serve a well-rounded, nutritious dinner of your choice for Friendship Shelter residents (30 people) at 6:00pm. Due to the financial and time commitment of feeding 30, this opportunity is best for groups, but individuals are entirely welcome to prepare a full dinner on their own. All groups are self-organized; we do not have the ability to add individuals to a scheduled private group. Share this opportunity with your friends/family/coworkers/church/school to build your own group!
- Dinner may be prepared off site or in our kitchen equipped with commercial appliances and standard cookware.
- Friendship Shelter provides plates, eating utensils, and napkins.
- As part of a balanced dietary program, vegetables, lean proteins, and fruits are of the most benefit to our residents.
- Beverages are optional. Bottled water is best.
- Volunteers are welcome to sit and eat with the residents.
- The best guest chefs are friendly, reliable, outgoing, and creative with food!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
1335 South Coast HighwayLaguna Beach, CA 92651
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- 1-2 hours time commitment.
- Under 18 welcomed when supervised by a parent, teacher, or authorized guardian.