Time Commitment: ~ 1-2 hours per meal. Weekly/monthly commitments are especially appreciated!
Staff will confirm your signup by phone or email. To avoid double-booking, please do not proceed without staff confirmation.
Prepare and serve a well-rounded, nutritious dinner of your choice for Friendship Shelter residents (30 people) at 6:00pm. Due to the financial and time commitment of feeding 30, this opportunity is best for groups, but individuals are entirely welcome to prepare a full dinner on their own. All groups are self-organized; we do not have the ability to add individuals to a scheduled private group. Share this opportunity with your friends/family/coworkers/church/school to build your own group!
- Dinner may be prepared off site or in our kitchen equipped with commercial appliances and standard cookware.
- Friendship Shelter provides plates, eating utensils, and napkins.
- As part of a balanced dietary program, vegetables, lean proteins, and fruits are of the most benefit to our residents.
- Beverages are optional. Bottled water is best.
- Volunteers are welcome to sit and eat with the residents.
- The best guest chefs are friendly, reliable, outgoing, and creative with food!
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 1-2 hours time commitment.
- Under 18 welcomed when supervised by a parent, teacher, or authorized guardian.