Grant writing Pro Bono
Women of Color On The Move who are also looking to make a difference.
We are dedicated to promoting philanthropy within communities by supporting various non-profit organizations. One way we support our communities is through receiving grants.This position is for those with strong writing and organizational skills who are interested in being paid based on performance.
- ·Research, draft, and submit proposals that help the organization receive grant funding
- · Identify grants that match the objective of the organization seeking money
- · Determining which ones are not worth pursuing
- · Grant proposals often require a variety of documents (cover letters, project narratives, etc.), so as a grant writer, you must explain why a cause is important and how the funds will be used. Must have the ability to develop an overall messaging strategy and craft narratives to be used in funding and marketing materials.
Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals, including: letters, proposals, budgets and presentations in accordance with the funders giving policies, guidelines and criteria.
Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
Work with the Development Director to ensure that all funding materials accurately represent the center’s mission and program in a compelling manner.
Attend meetings with funders to determine specifics of individual proposals.
Provide stewardship to current donors, including working with the Development Director to provide written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
Perform research to identify new funding sources, while assisting with other fundraising projects as requested.
Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
Strong proofreading/editing skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Qualified candidate should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office) and database management skills.
The candidate must be highly organized with the ability to effectively work under pressure, and produce quality work product within tight time constraints.
Knowledge and experience of grant application process, donor priorities and funding trends both for programs in the USA and overseas.
Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects and possess excellent computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptable to changes in projects and priorities
- Able to multi-task and work independently
Desired Skills and Experience
This position requires the following skills: Internet Research, Research, Grant Writing / Research, Donor Management, Reading / Writing
- Data Entry
- Strategic Planning
- Capacity Planning
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This position requires the following skills: Internet Research, Research, Grant Writing / Research,