Come join the QC Pay It Forward team!
We are looking for an Assistant Manager for the QC Pay It Forward Program.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- The Assistant Manager will assist the Inventory Manager in receiving, storing, and issuing materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom and warehouse.
- Assist the Inventory Manager in keeping records and in compiling stock reports.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockroom and warehouse.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouse, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receives and counts stock items, and records data manually or using computer.
- Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigates discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Issues or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Provides assistance or direction to other stockroom, and other warehouse volunteers, as needed.
- Disposes of damaged or defective items, or return them to donors.
- Assists in the maintainance supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Provides recommendations to the Inventory Manager regarding disposal of excess, defective, or obsolete stock.
- Keep records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Assists the Inventory Manager in preparing and maintaining records and reports of inventories, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued.
- Recommends and assists the Inventory Manage in proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Assists the Inventory Manager in compiling, reviewing, and maintaining data from contracts, purchase orders, requisitions, and other documents to assess supply needs.
- Prepares products, supplies, equipment, or other items for use by adjusting, repairing or assembling them as necessary.
- Makes recommendations to the Inventory Manager for determination of sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Confers with the Inventory Manager, volunteer personnel, and vendors regarding stock procurement and availability.
- Receives new or additional stock, or prepares documents that provide for such incoming inventory.
- Advises internal users on the appropriateness of parts, supplies, or materials requested.
- Resource Development / Management
- Facilities Management
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Inventory Management
- Supply Chain
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-5 hrs/week
- Ability to lift above 50 lbs. Inventory management experienced preferred, Highly organized