To provide compassionate care to those we serve during the end of life's journey through our commitment to clinical excellence and uncompromising service.
Kindred Hospice is a team of professionals who provide care to patients and their families with end of life needs. As a key member of the team, our volunteers expand and enhance the quality of life of our patients. Volunteers bring a variety of special skills and talents to share with patients, and offer comfort and support through companionship visits in the homes of our patients.
As a patient support volunteer, your participation in the care team can include companionship to the patient and/or respite relief to the primary caregiver of the patient, writing letters, listening to music, looking at photos, reminiscing about their past, running errands, crochet or knit, providing pet therapy visits, or even preparing their favorite dessert!
It's Flexible! We work with your schedule!
All patient care volunteers must be at least 18 years old, valid driver's license and complete the application. Successful background check and TB test also required (provided at Kindred's expense). Training is provided prior to first assignment orienting volunteers to the hospice philosophy, and expectations of the volunteer position.
Kindred offer's a wide range of volunteer opportunities to suit your schedule and skills. Join our team and make a difference -- to our patient's and to your life experience!
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per month per patient assignment
- Successful completion of background check and volunteer orientation
- Music & Memory San Antonio - South
- Patient Visitor Volunteers - San...
- Floresville Volunteers Needed
- Kerrville Volunteers Needed
- Medical Office Opportunity -...
- Medical Office Volunteers
- Administrative Volunteers
- Medical Office Opportunity
- Kindred Hopsice - Patient...
- Companion Volunteer -...
- Companion Volunteer - Kindred...