TCE Tax Counselor
WhenSat Jan 06, 2018 08:30 AM - Sat Apr 14, 2018 03:00 PM
WhereRSVP Program at Triton College2000 5th AveRoom R-221River Grove, IL 60171
Interested individuals need to complete and successfully certify in tax law training, including the use of electronic filing software, to provide free tax return preparation for eligible taxpayers. Training is held for five consecutive Saturdays beginning Jan. 6 and ending on Feb. 3. The training sessions are held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Here are five good reasons why you should consider becoming a TCE volunteer Tax Counselor.
- Flexible hours. Volunteers generally serve about five hours per week. The program is usually open from February through April 14.
- TCE sites are often nearby and need your help. Our seven sites are set up in neighborhoods all over the community. They are set up in senior centers, libraries, and similar places. Chances are good that you can volunteer at a site near you.
- No prior experience needed. You’ll receive specialized training and can serve in a variety of roles. If you are fluent in another language, you may be able to help those who speak that language.
- Free tax law training and materials. Learn how to prepare basic tax returns and learn about all the tax deductions and credits that benefit eligible taxpayers.
- Continuing education credits for tax pros. Enrolled Agents and non-credentialed tax return preparers can earn credits when volunteering as a TCE instructor, quality reviewer or tax return preparer.
- People Skills
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 32 hours training; 5 hours tax preparation a week
- Good customer service skills