The Holiday Project at Family HomeStead is built on our organization's commitment to helping families maintain normal daily living while in our program. We want to support the families in our program as they stabilize their lives and move onto next step-housing and one of the most FUN and UNIQUE ways to do this is through our Holiday Project!
This year, because of our growing program, Family HomeStead anticipates a 15% increase (approximately 60 additional people) from prior years. This means we need your help more than ever to make sure all of our families have a great Holiday season!
Our greatest need is for volunteers, corporations or other groups to Adopt-A-Family and provide gifts for them. Donors will receive specific information about each family member including their name, size, preferences and a wish list.
Here is what you need to know:
- Donors are asked to Adopt-A-Family which includes the following:
- Purchasing specifically requested gifts for each family member
- Purchasing a small artificial tree (if the family has requested one)
- Donating $10 per family member to be used to purchase a Holiday meal for the family
- Providing gift wrap and tape so the parents can see and then wrap the gifts for each of their kiddos
- Individually wrapping the gifts for the parents in our program
- DONORS ARE ASKED TO STRICTLY ABIDE BY SPENDING GUIDELINES
- Children 0-6: $100
- Children 6-11: $125
- Children 11-18: $150
- Adults or children in adult sizes: $150
We understand the cost of adopting an entire family may be prohibitive; you can try joining in with neighbors, friends, or community groups. However, if you are unable to adopt an entire family, we will also accept generic gifts and monetary donations. We can try and pair your monetary donation with another donor to provide for one person or family.
Please head to: www.familyhomestead.org/holiday-project and complet the form. It will be returned to Shalene Onyango, Director of Volunteers and Development. If you have specific questions about the project, you can reach her at: email@example.com or 303-274-4883.
We will begin assigning families to volunteers in the last week of October and first week of November. At that time, you will receive an email with the information specific to your family and your specific drop-off date.
- Child Welfare
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment