The primary barrier to grocery stores donating their excess food is the cost associated with transporting it to those in need. At Neighbors, we have volunteers who go directly to the stores to pick up donated items and deliver the food to Neighbors. Volunteers are assigned to a store and day of the week.
- Pick up food donations at locations in or around northern Dakota County
- Volunteers will use their own vehicles to pick-up donations and will need to be able to load and unload donations on their own. All collected donations are delivered to Neighbors
- Shifts are between 1-2 hours long, most are morning, all are weekday
- Due to the size of donations, owning a truck or SUV is preferable for most shifts
- Must be 18 years old, or 10 if accompanied by an adult
- Have valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a reliable vehicle
- In most cases, need a truck, SUV, or van
- Able to lift bags or barrels of food
Contact Mandy with questions or for more information. email@example.com or 651-306-2145
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/week
- On-Call Front Desk Volunteer
- Food Shelf Volunteer: Tuesdays...
- NAPS Volunteer: Phone Calls &...
- Come As You Are
- Yardwork & Maintenance Volunteer
- Group Volunteering is a Fun Way...
- Summer Meals
- Clothes Closet Thrift Store
- Habla Español? Do You Speak...
- Be in a Parade!
- Driver (flexible scheduling)
- Grocery Store Donation Pick-up