POSITION OVERVIEW: People Helping People Global (PHPG) is an international microlending non-profit organization. 100% of the Vermont-based operations are volunteer-powered in order to ensure that all of the funds raised by the organization may be used in Central America for microlending.
PHPG is seeking a volunteer to help the organization develop and implement a long-term volunteer management strategy which would oversee volunteer operations in both the U.S. and in Central America. This person would report to the Executive Director and would work laterally with the Operations Manager and would be responsible for providing updates to the Board of Directors.
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION: The ideal candidate would be based in the Burlington, Vermont area; however, applicants will be considered who would prefer to work remotely but willing to travel to the Burlington area on a periodic basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: We’re looking for organized, motivated individuals with previous volunteer management experience and an interest in international development. Intermediate Spanish language skills is preferred, though not required.
DUTIES (Including, but not limited to):
- Partner with the President and Executive Director to develop and implement a volunteer management plan
- Recruit a team of volunteer staff to assist in the implementation of the volunteer management plan
- Develop a volunteer handbook with policies, standard operating procedures, and best practices
- Identify opportunities to engage volunteers to further the organization’s mission
- Recruit and supervise volunteers in Vermont and Central America
- Develop a process for rewarding and retaining volunteers
- Oversee special events managers
- Conduct periodic meetings with key volunteer personnel (e.g., Regional Coordinators working abroad)
COMPENSATION: This is a volunteer, unpaid staff position.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Alex Tuck, President - email@example.com, 802-373-1372
HOW TO APPLY: Complete short application at https://goo.gl/forms/9S84OhSbbB41Bmi43; also feel free to send an email to Alex with your resume/CV or more information about yourself.COMPANY OVERVIEW: People Helping People Global is a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It provides interest-free microloans to individuals living on less than $2 USD per day. These loans are used solely for the purposes of starting or expanding small businesses. The organization currently operates in Nicaragua - in the regions of Granada and Matagalpa. If you would like to learn more about the organization, feel free to visit their website, http://phpgmicrolending.org.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- A few hours per week