Help oversee the care and socialization of the cats and kittens in the adoption display condo at the Petvalu in Ashburn. Work with the volunteer caretakers and recruit new ones while managing the supplies and maintaining and managing the caretaker schedule.
- Work with the Foster/ Cat/ Kitten Coordinators on placement of new animals in the display cages
- Keep caretakers updated on the movement of animals in/out of the display condos
- Work with Foster/Cat/Kitten Coordinators to move animals into Foster homes when the animals have spent too much time in condo without any interest
- Check in regularly with caretakers/store employees on the health, socialization and behavior of the animals
- Keep Foster Coordinator informed and updated on status of the animals
- Help recruit new caretakers
- Maintain and update the caretaker schedule
- Keep store manager updated on status of the schedule when caretakers change shifts, leave, when new ones join the team
- Monitor and maintain needed supplies
- Good people and communication skills
- Computer/phone access
- Familiarity with Excel and Google Drive
- Ability to multitask and track/monitor multiple animals and volunteers
- Able to work independently and be part of a team.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- <5 hours a week
- On the Job Training and Mentoring will be provided
- Treasurer/ Board of Directors
- Adoption Application Processor
- Adoption Coordinator
- Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR)...
- Cat Condo Caretaker-Petvalu...
- Secretary/ Board of Directors
- Adoption Event Lead
- Board of Directors
- Dog Foster Coordinator
- Cat Foster Coordinator
- Rescue Coordinator
- Foster Coordinator
- Trapper for Trap-Neuter-Return...
- Cat Condo Coordinator