Become a Shelter Helper at Regional Animal Services of King County in Kent!
While the work isn't glamorous, you can find great satisfaction that you're providing an essential service for the smooth running of the shelter.
You would perform tasks at the shelter like...
- Doing the laundry
- Washing & sanitizing water bowls and litterboxes
- Preparing cat-food trays
- Taking out the garbage
Sometimes you may assist the shelter sergeants or the Vet Clinics on special projects, so this is a great way to "get your foot in the door" to become acquainted with the RASKC community.
If you are successful in your Shelter Helper work, you are eligible for transferring to other RASKC volunteer teams- e.g., Dog Team or Cat Meet-&-Greet, depending on scheduling and qualificaitons.
1. Complete an initial online application
* Step 1 at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
2. Send an email to RASKC.Paperwork@kingcounty.gov with the following information
- Subject line: "Fast track Shelter Helper- Wed 5-6pm"
- Your first name & last name
- State if you're an adult or youth. If youth, identify your age.
- Indicate if you'll be volunteering with someone (e.g., parent or job coach)
- Your telephone number
- Identify three times when it's usually good to telephone you
3. Register and attend new volunteer orientation
* For info scroll down page at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- at least one hour per week for at least 3 months
- 9-15 year olds with parent
- Animal-Shelter Helpers- task...
- Cuddle & care for kitties in...
- Got love to share? Foster a cat!...
- Animal-Shelter Helpers (Fridays,...
- Care for a bunny in your home on...
- Join a great cat-care team!...
- Help cats & customers- (Kent)
- Hospice foster an older cat in...
- Help lovely cats & customers in...
- Animal Shelter Helper...