Animal-Shelter Helpers- task variety! (Kent)
46 people are interested
Become an Essential Shelter Helper at Regional Animal Services of King County in Kent!
While the work isn't glamorous, you can find great satisfaction that you're providing an essential service for the smooth running of the shelter.
You would perform tasks at the shelter like...
- Doing the laundry
- Washing & sanitizing water bowls and litterboxes
- Preparing cat-food trays
- Taking out the garbage
Sometimes you may assist the shelter sergeants or the Vet Clinics on special projects, so this is a great way to "get your foot in the door" to become acquainted with the RASKC community.
If you are successful in your Shelter Helper work, you are eligible for transferring to other RASKC volunteer teams- e.g., Dog Team or Cat Meet-&-Greet, depending on scheduling and qualificaitons.
Commitment: At least 12 shifts, plus training
RASKC recently offered these positions, which might still be open
- Fridays, 8-9:30am weekly or alternating weeks
- Fridays, 12-1:30pm alternating weeks
- Fridays, 1:30-3pm weekly
- Saturdays, 12-1:30pm weekly (Temp)
- Sundays, 8-10am weekly
- Sundays, 12-1:30pm weekly
1. Complete an initial online application
2. Register and attend new volunteer orientation. For info scroll down at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
We'll work with your schedule.
21615- 64th Ave SKent, WA 98032
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- At least six shifts, plus three training shifts
- 9-15 year olds with parent