Become an Essential Shelter Helper at Regional Animal Services of King County in Kent!
While the work isn't glamorous, you can find great satisfaction that you're providing an essential service for the smooth running of the shelter.
You would perform tasks at the shelter like...
- Doing the laundry
- Washing & sanitizing water bowls and litterboxes
- Preparing cat-food trays
- Taking out the garbage
Sometimes you may assist the shelter sergeants or the Vet Clinics on special projects, so this is a great way to "get your foot in the door" to become acquainted with the RASKC community.
If you are successful in your Shelter Helper work, you are eligible for transferring to other RASKC volunteer teams- e.g., Dog Team or Cat Meet-&-Greet, depending on scheduling and qualificaitons.
Commitment: At least 12 shifts, plus training
RASKC recently offered these positions, which might still be open-
- Mondays, 8-10am or 8:30-10am weekly
- Tuesdays, 1- 3pm or 1:30- 3pm weekly
- Wednesdays, 4:30- 6pm or 5- 6:15pm weekly
- Thursdays, 8-10am or 8:30- 10:30am or 9-11am weekly
- Thursdays, 2:30-4:30pm or 3-4:30pm weekly
- Fridays, 1-3pm or 1-2:30pm or 2-3:30pm weekly
- Saturdays, 3:30- 5pm or 4- 5:30pm
1. Complete an initial online application
2. Register and attend new volunteer orientation. For info scroll down at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer