Become a Shelter Helper at Regional Animal Services of King County in Kent!
While the work isn't glamorous, you can find great satisfaction that you're providing an essential service for the smooth running of the shelter.
You would perform tasks at the shelter like...
- Doing the laundry
- Washing & sanitizing water bowls and litterboxes
- Preparing cat-food trays
- Taking out the garbage
Sometimes you may assist the shelter sergeants or the Vet Clinics on special projects, so this is a great way to "get your foot in the door" to become acquainted with the RASKC community.
If you are successful in your Shelter Helper work, you are eligible for transferring to other RASKC volunteer teams- e.g., Dog Team or Cat Meet-&-Greet, depending on scheduling and qualificaitons.
Commitment: At least 12 shifts, plus training
RASKC recently offered these positions, which might still be open-
- Tuesdays, 9-10am or 10-11am weekly
- Fridays, 12-1pm weekly
- Saturdays, 10-11am weekly
1. Complete an initial online application
2. Register and attend new volunteer orientation. For info scroll down at www.kingcounty.gov/RASKCVolunteer
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 9
- Orientation or Training
- At least six shifts, plus three training shifts
- 9-15 year olds with parent
- Animal-Shelter Helpers- task...
- Cuddle & care for kitties in...
- Got love to share? Foster a cat!...
- Animal-Shelter Helpers (Fridays,...
- Care for a bunny in your home on...
- Join a great cat-care team!...
- Help cats & customers- (Kent)
- Hospice foster an older cat in...
- Help lovely cats & customers in...
- Animal Shelter Helper...