DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Save a Life, Foster a Dog!
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
FOSTER A DOG! SAVE A LIFE!
We are looking for loving, active families to foster our wonderful dogs here at Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue. Please contact us ASAP if you are interested and meet the below criteria!
- WE ARE LOOKING FOR FOSTERS THAT DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY OTHER PETS IN THE HOME.
- WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE FOR A FEW OF OUR MORE DIFFICULT DOGS THAT LOVE PEOPLE, BUT NOT OTHER DOGS!
- *An active handler who enjoys runs, hikes, etc. preferred for these dogs, and no other pets in the house*
- We are a 501(c)3 non-profit dog rescue dedicated to rescuing dogs from LA shelters the day they are to be euthanized. We are currently in need of active foster homes for these loving and deserving canines. Fostering a dog helps us to save more lives since we are cage-free, and only place our babies in foster homes! We provide you with food, treats, bed and any basic veterinary care the pooch may need (you call us to arrange and we pay)! This is a great way to save a life and make a little extra cash. Most of the dogs we rescue are between the weight of 60-90 lbs, so you should be comfortable with large breeds. Foster expenses are tax-deductible!
- We are looking for active fosters or homes with active dogs. Our dogs love to hike, run and play!
- Dog training experience is a PLUS, but not necessary!
We ask the following from our fosters:
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL IN YOUR INITIAL EMAIL TO US OR WE WILL NOT CONSIDER YOUR INQUIRY.
- You must be at least 21 years of age or older or have your parent's permission.
- That you are away from home no more than 8 hours/day.
- That you can transport the dog to/from adoption events at the West Hollywood PetCo two Saturdays/month.
- That you have at least some experience with dogs, but you don't need to have dogs of your own.
- That you can commit to four weeks at a time.
- That you can be communicative and let us know what the dog needs and general information about the dog's personality and temperament.
- That you can handle LARGE dogs.
- That you can respond to phone calls within 2 hours (via call, text or email).
- That you have approval from your landlord, roommate, housemate, spouse, and/or significant other. DO NOT contact us if you do not have their approval.
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU CAN'T RETURN CALLS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU'RE NOT RELIABLE OR IF YOU'RE UNSURE THAT YOU CAN FOSTER
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU DON'T LOVE DOGS
About Ace of Hearts
PO Box 11693 San Vicente Blvd #130, BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90213, US
We are a 501c-3 dog rescue foundation dedicated to rescuing dogs, the day they are to be euthanized, from various Los Angeles shelters and placing them in loving homes. We do NOT take dogs in ... we rescue only from shelters. The Ace of Hearts Foundation is in memory of "Ace", a wonderful American Bull dog who was rescued from death, and touched the lives of many! (Especially founder Kari Whitman!) We rescue all breeds...and don't discriminate against any!
Love dogs? Looking to help out and make some new friends along the way?
We need Standby Volunteers daily!
Emergency Volunteers/Stand By's
This may seem like the least helpful, but actually our stand-by's always save us & the dogs! We need you!
You give us the days and times you are available and we add you to a list. Then, if something comes up that day- you will be the first one we call. This helps us reach out to volunteers with availability that day instead of calling our entire volunteer list. If there is a day, half a day, or even a few hours you can volunteer to be placed on a "call in case of an emergency" list, let us know! This can be for many different tasks, and almost
always requires some driving. We try very hard to plan things in advance, but if there is a last minute opportunity to save a life, get a dog adopted, or a foster emergency, it helps to have a handful of people we reach out to first!
We are in desperate need of standby volunteers!
Can't help with this but still want to volunteer? We can always use extra hands:
-Long term fosters
-Temp tests for dogs in shelters
-Transporters (taking dogs to appointments/park/foster)
-House check volunteers
LA Area - Various LocationsWest Hollywood, CA 90069
November 4, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21