FOSTER A DOG! SAVE A LIFE!
We are looking for loving, active families to foster our wonderful dogs here at Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue. Please contact us ASAP if you are interested and meet the below criteria!
- WE ARE LOOKING FOR FOSTERS THAT DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ANY OTHER PETS IN THE HOME.
- WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PLACE FOR A FEW OF OUR MORE DIFFICULT DOGS THAT LOVE PEOPLE, BUT NOT OTHER DOGS!
- *An active handler who enjoys runs, hikes, etc. preferred for these dogs, and no other pets in the house*
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS!
- We are a 501(c)3 non-profit dog rescue dedicated to rescuing dogs from LA shelters the day they are to be euthanized. We are currently in need of active foster homes for these loving and deserving canines. Fostering a dog helps us to save more lives since we are cage-free, and only place our babies in foster homes! We provide you with food, treats, bed and any basic veterinary care the pooch may need (you call us to arrange and we pay)! This is a great way to save a life and make a little extra cash. Most of the dogs we rescue are between the weight of 60-90 lbs, so you should be comfortable with large breeds. Foster expenses are tax-deductible!
- We are looking for active fosters or homes with active dogs. Our dogs love to hike, run and play!
- Dog training experience is a PLUS, but not necessary!
We ask the following from our fosters:
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL IN YOUR INITIAL EMAIL TO US OR WE WILL NOT CONSIDER YOUR INQUIRY.
- You must be at least 21 years of age or older or have your parent's permission.
- That you are away from home no more than 8 hours/day.
- That you can transport the dog to/from adoption events at the West Hollywood PetCo two Saturdays/month.
- That you have at least some experience with dogs, but you don't need to have dogs of your own.
- That you can commit to four weeks at a time.
- That you can be communicative and let us know what the dog needs and general information about the dog's personality and temperament.
- That you can handle LARGE dogs.
- That you can respond to phone calls within 2 hours (via call, text or email).
- That you have approval from your landlord, roommate, housemate, spouse, and/or significant other. DO NOT contact us if you do not have their approval.
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU CAN ONLY DO SMALL TO MEDIUM DOGS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU CAN'T RETURN CALLS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU'RE NOT RELIABLE OR IF YOU'RE UNSURE THAT YOU CAN FOSTER
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU DON'T LOVE DOGS
DO NOT CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN UNDER 15 YEARS OLD LIVING IN YOUR HOME
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Own a Cat? Help us save Dogs'...
- Do you love dogs? Work with...
- Save a Life, Foster a Dog!
- Volunteers needed for Dog...
- Emergency Stand By Volunteers...
- Make money while saving a life!...
- Volunteers needed for Dog Rescue!
- Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue - Daily...
- Dog Rescue Needs Experienced...
- Rescue needs Volunteers to help...
- Daily Walkers Needed for Rescue...