Veterans Forever Soldiers is seeking a passionate and driven volunteer to assist in coordinating, researching and writing grant applications to foundations, local and federal government and other grantors. The grant writer provides a critical component essential to the functioning and sustainability of the organization.
- Research grant opportunities
- Develop a grant calendar
- Develop, write, and edit grant proposals, reports, and budgets
- Work with VFS’ core team and officers to develop new ideas for funding
- Identify new funding opportunities
- Prepare internal reports for staff and board.
- Research regarding up to date outcomes, facts and stories for case statements
- Write and submit applications that are tailored to the funder's specific requirements
- Prepare reports specifically required by funders
- Write tailored thank-you letters for the signature of the Executive Director
This is a perfect opportunity for a student in need of practicum, community service hours or looking to build a portfolio.
Why Veterans Forever Soldiers:
- Work with a team of passionate and supportive individuals
- Build your grant writing experience
- Contribute to the growth of a small organization
- Work around your schedule - work is done remotely and all communication is online
What We Like About You:
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years non-profit or other relevant experience preferred. Successful grant writing experience preferred.
- You have exceptionally strong writing skills. You have demonstrable experience with research, writing, editing. You’re meticulous when it comes to details, and you're organized.
- You cover the basics. Things like Google, MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint are like second nature.
- You love friendly competition. It’s all about the challenge! From experience, your reward is in knowing that you’ve done well. You’re at the top of your game in situations that make you think outside the box, revealing your unlimited potential.
- You work well independently and with others. You're a self-starter. You have strong self-management skills. You also value collaboration. Your communication skills, both written and verbal, are impeccable.
- You are passionate about veterans’ issues and VFS’ mission. Because 1 homeless veteran is 1 too many. You honor, respect and care for those who have laid everything on the line.
Veterans Forever Soldiers is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt nonprofit, and has been serving homeless and at risk veterans for over 12 years. Our organization relies on strong leaders who know how to take initiative and build on creative ideas. Veterans Forever Soldiers is happy to work with students to meet reasonable requirements for course credit. The Grant Writer will report to the Executive Director. This grant writer-nonprofit relationship, works better on a longer-term basis.
- Program Management
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment