The Events Team Leader manages events for Walnut Creek Village such as educational presentations, socials, picnics and outings, and fundraisers.
The Events Team Leader is the Walnut Creek Village’s ambassador of fun. It is satisfying to see a carefully planned event come together as expected or better, and to know that your work resulted in useful information for members and volunteers. Introducing the Village to our senior community through enjoyable social events is a key part of growing and sustaining the Walnut Creek Village.
The Events Team Leader plans and leads events that educate, entertain, and connect with the WCV constituency to raise awareness about the Village and encourage membership and volunteering. The Events Team Leader:
- Plans and executes all events
- Coordinates basic financial and logistical elements
- Promotes events
- Attends all WCV events and programs
- Gathers feedback from participants for continuous future event improvement
- Captures contact information for follow-up and codes for: members, supporters, volunteers or donors
- Attracts new members and volunteers
- Evaluates event results and adjusts the plan for the next time
A full job description will be provided to interested responders.
- Event Design & Planning
- Financial Literacy
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 25 hours/month, 2 meetings/month
- Evaluation skills for continuous improvement